Your voice matters! We have been listening and have heard your call to SIMPLIFY! This is therefore the theme for the 2nd Triennial National Partnership Conference “Lekgotla” to be hosted by SCOUTS South Africa.
Come and represent your Scout Group, District or Region and share your voice and ideas. Together we can simplify our processes and determine the priorities for the South African Scout Movement for the next few years!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the 2020 Lekgotla has been postponed to March 2021, with arrival on Thursday 4 March and departure on 7 March. You are invited to come and make your Group’s voice heard at the Lekgotla 2020, which will be held at ATKV Drakensville Holiday Resort, near Bergville in KwaZulu-Natal.
Who can attend?
- If your Scout Group has a signed Social Partnership Agreement (SPA) and is in good standing, you are eligible to send a delegate to the event.
- All DCs, RTCs and RCs are also invited to attend.
Purpose of the Lekgotla:
The purpose of this meeting will be:
- to meet and network with representatives of other Scout Groups from around the country
- get to know and interact with your Regional and National teams
- to provide your input on our Strategy for 2018 to 2021
- to have input on the Five Year Transitional Financial Plan
- to help us to understand how we can simplify our processes for you, whilst upholding our high standards of safety for our youth and adult volunteers
- discuss and learn how to better measure and tell the story of our impact
- share your views into the discussion of a review of our uniform
- contribute in determining which are the priority areas that will inform our Movement’s actions into our future.
To make sure we focus on the right things, we asked you to have your say in advance in what will be discussed. Thank you to those who shared their voices and ideas. Once we have collated the responses, we will be, prior to the event, sharing more information on the topics to be discussed to provide an opportunity for those not able to attend to also contribute and participate.
4-7 March 2021. The intention is for people to arrive on Thursday the 4th of March 2021 and depart on Sunday the 7th of March 2021.
Lekgotla will be held at ATKV Drakensville Holiday Resort, near Bergville in KwaZulu-Natal. https://drakensville.co.za/home/
We have asked the Regions to coordinate travel to the venue.
Registration & accommodation:
A registration fee and the cost of accommodation and catering will be payable. The National team is trying to secure funding for the event to reduce the accommodation and catering costs, but this has not been confirmed or secured. If you have any contacts to assist in this matter please contact the CEO, email@example.com.
The accommodation at the venue varies from 3 bedroom houses (sleeping 5), 2 bedroom houses (sleeping 3), flats with 2 beds and lots of camping with 11*12m sites (max 6 people/site, large enough for a caravan or 3- 4 tents) and good ablutions.
Due to limitations on the fixed accommodation (there is lots of camping) we may only be able to accommodate one representative from each Scout Group. Closer to the date and subject to booking we may extend this.
Registration and bookings will be coordinated through Scouts.Digital. We will inform you when they open soon!
In the meantime, make sure you are on Scouts.Digital! If you are not, contact your SGL, DC or Regional Manager.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you!
Yours in Scouting,
#lekgotla #SCOUTSSA #ScoutsSouthAfrica #YourVoiceMatters #WeAreListening #volunteers #Simplify